There are two ways for Accounts to be created on the Panacea Platform. The first is for the users to create one via the web front-end. The second is for an Admin User to create one.
To create an Account you will need to navigate to System > Accounts > Accounts on the navigation menu.
You will then be presented by the Accounts page:
To create a new account you can click on the New User button in the upper right hand corner of the page to be taken to the Add User screen.
You will need to enter the following information to create the account.
- Default. This is where you select the account profile to be applied to this account. This will apply certain defaults that have been specified in this profile to the account.
- Username. This is the name of the account and will be used by the user to log in.
- Password. This is the password the user will use.
- Confirm Password. This is to ensure that the password was correctly entered.
- Email. This is the email address that all communications will be sent to with regards to this account.
To create the Account you will need to click on the Submit button. This will create and list the account.
As you can see the account is listed with some information displayed. To get further information on the account you can click on it’s name to be provided with the following information.
Should you wish to change any of these settings you can click on the Edit Account button to be taken to the edit account screen where you will be provided with a large amount of options:
In these fist few options you can edit the following:
- Password. You can manually reset the account’s password here.
- Email. This allows you to set a new contact email address for the account.
- Currency. This allows you to change the currency of the account. Please be advised that to avoid any issues this is to only be changed if the account has not sent any messages. Changing this configuration will also remove any routing profiles that are attached to the account.
- Parent User. Set this to another account on the Panacea Platform to add this account to it as a sub-user.
- User Status. These are the different status’ that can be applied to the account. These status’ are covered in detail at the end of this guide.
- Country. This setting allows you to change the current country of the account.
- Default Prefix. This is the default international dialling prefix added to all numbers that start with a zero (0). For example 0834129638 in the above setting will be 27831234567.
- Product Status. This sets the delivery protocol this account can use. HTTP or SMPP.
The next set of options allows you to edit:
- Balance Threshold.
- Timezone. This allows you to set the timezone of the user. This will affect report generation the dates and times will be calculated using this setting.
- Default SMSC. This option forces the account to use a specified SMSC. Set this option to “NO DEFAULT” to allow profiles to control this.
- Default SMSC Cost. This allows you to set the cost of the default SMSC. Leave this option on “0.000” to allow profiles to control this.
- Log Level. This allows you to set the logging level for the account. Leave on “Default” for standard accounts.
- Default SMPP Charset. This allows you to set the encoding of the charset used for SMPP. Leave this set to “GSM-03.38” for standard accounts.
- SMPP Max Instances. This sets the maximum SMPP binds that can be made on this account. The default is “2”, one for an RX bind and one for a TX bind.
- HLR Gateway. This allows you to set the default gateway to be used for HLR lookups on this account.
The final set of options allow you to set the following:
- Force Number Groupe.
- Sales Person. This allows you to set an Admin User as this account’s sales person.
- Revenue Share. This is the payout percentage of all premium rated services this account uses.
- Opt out message. This allows you to specify the response message that is sent to the users who opt out of messages from this account.
You are able to further manage the account by selecting the options provided in the drop down menu box listed under Actions next to the account.
The options on this list allow you to:
- Login to Dashboard. This will log you into this account’s dashboard as if you were the user who owns the account. This is useful for troubleshooting issues.
- Edit Account. This is the same option we have covered before in this guide, just accessible from a different place.
- SMS. This allows you to change the SMS Profile attached to this account.
- HLR. This allows you to change the HLR Profile attached to this account.
- Push. This allows you to change the Push Profile attached to this account.
- Filters. This option allows you to set the filters applied to this account. These filters can be used for a number of purposes such as forcing senderIDs.
- Test Routes. This option allows you to enter a number and test if the current SMS Profile attached to this account will allow it to route correctly. No message is actually sent as the routing is simulated up until just before the message is sent.
- Coverage. This downloads a .csv file of the current coverage list for the account including the user cost per network.
- Billing info. This allows you to set the billing information for this account.
- Add Transaction. From here you can manually add credits into the account.
- View Transactions. This lists a history of all transactions that have occurred on the account.
- Notifications. You are able to set warning levels for delivery percentages per network from here.
The final step you will need to complete to finish creating the account is applying an SMS profile to it. To do this you will need to select the SMS option from the list above. You will then need to select the required Profile check-box and then click on the Update profiles button to add it.
Please remember to always flush the required services after making changes on the Panacea Platform